Dutch Analytics builds the leading Predictive Maintenance Platform for Industry 4.0 which facilitates development, testing and implementation of data streams and models for industrial applications. We have successfully used our Platform to develop and host a variety of predictive maintenance applications in the Rail Industry and are currently expanding to other industries both in and outside of the Netherlands.
Dutch Analytics kick-started in December 2016 and has since then attracted interest from a steeply inclining number of customers. An example of our applications is the prediction of railway switch failures in The Netherlands.
Our fast-growing team consists of young, creative and open-minded people with various backgrounds who all share a fascination for solving relevant real-world problems with data science.
As an Industrial Data Scientist you will turn industrial data into predictive maintenance applications. You will have a customer-facing position and are expected to get acquainted with the details of our customer’s industries and the available data. You will work on Quick Scans (data exploration projects) as well as Application Development projects. But furthermore, you will perform Research & Development on cutting-edge data technologies to advance internal knowledge and drive company innovation. As one of the key users of our Predictive Maintenance Platform you will help the growing user community build and deploy predictive maintenance applications on it. You are going to be part of an agile and multidisciplinary team of data scientists and software developers, giving you plenty of opportunities to broaden your experience and explore new technologies.
What makes working with us fun?
- Being part of a team of talented people, building and using the leading Predictive Maintenance platform for Industry 4.0
- Meet with the client to formulate the data science problem and translate this to our platform
- Research & Development on cutting-edge data science technologies and machine learning algorithms for customer projects and to expand our internal toolset
- Maintain knowledge on the latest emerging machine learning techniques
- Add experience to the team and share your knowledge
- You are part of a small, agile, multidisciplinary team of experienced data scientists and software developers.
- You are constantly innovating. You keep evaluating the algorithms and look for new ways to improve them.
- You get the opportunity to develop yourself and experiment with new ideas and side projects.
- Your production grade work ends up in industry changing applications.
- 2+ years of working experience in the field of data science for industrial applications.
- Academic background in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Broad knowledge of statistics, data analytics and machine learning techniques.
- Strong Python development skills and the ability to deliver production grade software.
- Experience with using SQL & NoSQL Databases and file systems (PostGreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3, Google BigQuery, HDFS, etc).
- Experience with big data solutions like Hadoop and Apache Spark is a plus.
- Strong skills on (visual) communication for data representation and user interaction.
- A hands-on working mentality. You are pragmatic and deliver.
- Curious, resourceful and a quick learner. You enjoy experimenting and won’t give up easily!
- Strong communication and team-player abilities.
- Professional proficiency in English and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Proficiency of the Dutch language is a plus.
- Adequate experience in playing pool is considered a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of an international and enthusiastic team in a fast-growing start up, building great things together!
- Room for self-development
- The hardware and software that you need
- Regular team activities, trips, drinks and a pool competition
- Office in an excellent location in The Hague, next to train station Laan van NOI
- A competitive salary
If you’d like to receive more information, you may send an email to [email protected] When applying, don’t forget to send us your CV and motivation!
External agency calls are not appreciated.
2. Phone interview
We get to know each other and you can ask us anything about Dutch Analytics and the job.
You visit our office so we can really get to know you.
To check whether you like the job and test your analytical skills you have to do an assessment.
5. Job offer
We will make you an offer you can’t refuse!